Sunday, May 17, 2015

Healthy Living is not a sprint, It’s an endless lifestyle change


Everywhere you turn, there is a litany of articles, blogs, infomercials and marketing that make unrealistic weight loss or healthy living claims. “Lose X pounds in X weeks” or “Get a washer board set of abs” or “Live the life you have always wanted”… Here’s what they are not telling you – these are not sustainable long-term without ongoing and endless lifestyle change.
I share this not to discourage anyone from starting – I want you to start. If I didn’t start, I would not have lost 60 pounds in 90 days with P90X. And 2 years later, I have not found that 60 pounds – I have sustained my weight loss. How did I do this?
  • started by adopting a fitness routine and proper nutrition (eating right) gradually
  • endured by surrounding myself with a health support system or community, such ashealth buddies who reinforced the right mindset
  • sustained by making core lifestyle and behavioral changes that developed long-lasting healthy habits
Here’s a great article titled “Keeping up to keep weight off” by James Fell who is a contributor to the Chicago Tribune. The article discusses how his lifestyle changes are key to his continued healthy living.
What tips do you have for sustained healthy living? What have you tried that has/has not worked? How do you avoid yo-yo diets? 

No comments:

Post a Comment